Make the most of the financial resources available to you as a UBC student.
UBC comprehensive scholarships and awards
William and Nona Heaslip Scholarship
Undergraduate students entering their second year in the Faculty of Arts (must have attended UBC in the prior year) are eligible to apply for one of two $15,000 scholarships. In selecting recipients, consideration is given to strong academic performance (minimum 75% average), financial need, and community involvement.
Note: You must apply at the end of your first year.
- Premier Undergraduate and Wesbrook Scholarships: recognizes third- and fourth-year students with academic achievement and involvement in sports and community pursuits.
- Rhodes Scholarship: For students in their graduating year.
- Arts Travel & Learn Abroad Award for Students: awards up to $2,500 each to undergraduate students who have completed at least one year (27 credits) in the Faculty of Arts and applied to a Study Abroad Program. In selecting recipients, consideration is given to strong academic performance and demonstrated interest in the study area as outlined in the statement of purpose.
- UBC Exchange Scholarships: There are several scholarships specifically for students going on exchange.
- Killam Fellowships Program Awards: Provides exceptional undergraduate students from select universities in Canada and the United States with the opportunity to spend either one semester or a full academic year as an exchange student in the other country.