After its huge success last year, we will be bringing the Prep Program back this Summer. The Prep Program is geared towards young singers with aspirations of attending Conservatory, College, University, or Young Artist Training Programs.
Ready to Apply? Click here to submit your application for the 2017 Summer Vocal Workshop. The deadline for applications has been extended to April 30, 2017.
The UBC Summer Prep program prepares students for auditions and introduces tools to help them succeed at a University and Young Artist music program. This program is ideal for students applying to music programs or those who have recently been accepted to music school looking to take their audition packages to the next level at Young Artist Training Programs.
The Prep Program is an additional program with an additional fee and will run alongside the regularly scheduled camp. The Prep Program is auditioned based and there are limited spots available this year.
The UBC Vocal Workshop Prep program includes:
- Extra masterclasses with renowned Canadian conductors and coaches, international performing artists and industry professionals.
- Audition preparation workshops and classes.
- Introductory diction classes in Italian, French and German.
- Individualized audition repertoire recommendations and packaging
- Mock audition experience
- Opera/Musical Theatre scene study and performance.
- College level musical coaching
- Question and Answer sessions with working professionals and University faculty members
- Tips for creating audio and video audition recordings.
- Students must be 15+ to attend the Prep program.
- Students must fill out the additional application form found below in addition to regular application.
- Acceptance is based on video samples only. You may use the same video sample you use for your general application.
- Cost for the Prep Program is $250. There are a limited number of scholarships available that will be dispersed based on your video sample.
- Students must prepare three songs or arias to be performed from memory by the end of the program.